DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A DADEE FACILITATOR?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A KEY ROLE IN IMPROVING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY LEVELS AND SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL WELLBEING OF GIRLS AND THEIR FATHERS?
We are seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic and passionate educators who would like to become facilitators for the DADEE project.
The DADEE program:
- Builds girls' confidence, self-esteem and resilience
- Teaches girls sport skills through fun games and physical activities
- Targets fathers as the agents of change to improve their daughters' health
DADEE Program Facilitators undertake a 2-day training course delivered by Professor Philip Morgan at the University of Newcastle.
Facilitators will receive a DADEE training manual complete with all session slides and talking points, and detailed instructions for physical activity sessions.
Facilitators will then deliver the 9-session DADEE program during school terms from 5.45-7.15pm on weeknights in primary schools across the Newcastle Port Region (Carrington, Stockton and Mayfield East).
Benefits of being a DADEE Facilitator?
- Be paid for your time and contribution whilst delivering DADEE
- DADEE Facilitator training is an approved BOSTES professional learning course
- Learn the latest evidence-based strategies and be part of an award winning community health promotion research project
- Access all DADEE program resources
- Gain contacts at local primary schools
If you are a motivated, engaging, reliable and organised educator, the DADEE team would love to hear from you.
Essential criteria for facilitators:
- Experience delivering group education sessions to children and adults
- Experience delivering physical activity sessions
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Approved Australian Working With Children’s Check.
- Degree in Health and Physical Education, Primary Education or Exercise & Sport Science OR a final year student in these disciplines
"I just wanted to say how grateful and thankful I am to have had the chance to work on DADEE last term. I either think of it, reference it, laugh about it or apply it, every single day! DADEE has been a major inspiration and provided me with a whole new passion and pursuit of purpose for me to consider both personally and professionally. The DADEE experience has added value to my life beyond what you could know and for that I thank you." Justin Smith, 2016 DADEE Facilitator
To register your interest in becoming a DADEE facilitator please contact Emma Pollock 4921 6884 or click here.